Optimize Your Business Reply Mail (BRM) Accounts
Having multiple BRM accounts can be very confusing. You’re likely being billed at the wrong levels and not even know.
Benefits of Centralized Management:
- Savings – Eliminate paying separate fees for each location
- Visibility – Monitor returned mail to eliminate overpaying for each location
There are two core areas to consider with Business Reply Accounts:
- How many returns do you expect to get back?
- What program should you set up that minimizes fees and postage? There are two types of fees plus the postage costs:
- Annual/Quarterly Permit Fees
- Per Piece Return Fees
- Postage Costs
To simplify this, the chart below shows that if you are getting less than 968 items back per year, you are better off with a Basic account. Higher volumes could be costing you significantly more money. This is the biggest area of overspending.
1) Locations doing high volumes on Basic BRM accounts. If you are receiving 10,000 pieces back per year, you are overspending by almost $8,000 including the cost of the annual fees.
2) Locations paying for more expensive BRM accounts but getting low number of returns. If you are only getting 250 pieces back per year, it is costing you $1,147-10,932 vs. a basic BRM account that would only cost $640 per year.
3) Locations paying for permits that are no longer active. We see a large percentage of BRM accounts where the annual permit fees are being paid but they are either getting very low return numbers or no returns because it is no longer part of an active mailing program. These accounts should be cancelled, and Meter Reply can be used when needed with the metered date turned off.
Postal Advocate will help setup and maintain your consolidated Business Reply Accounts including: